Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nam Knights Memorial Service for Frenchie

There was a Pastor a while back talking to the mourners at a memorial service. Everyone seemed to be asking why the veteran died. He told them to shut their eyes for a second. Each of them had been given the power of life or death. Eyes popped open! He asked them how they would decide who lives and who dies. After all, it seemed to be the natural question given the fact so many were searching for why God let it happen. The Pastor let the thought of having that power sink in for a bit. Then he smiled. He told them they already had that power. When they forgot about someone, it was as if they were never here, thus, they died. Yet when they are remembered, when they leave a piece of them with us, they never die. 


Yesterday was one more of those days when people wanted to know why Frenchie left us. After all, he served in the Air Force and then the Army. He worked the rest of his life as you'll hear in the video below. He was a family man of many different families and Frenchie left a piece of him with everyone he came in contact with.

The thing I'll remember most about him, aside from the fact he was always there when anyone needed him, was the nickname he gave me of "chicken lady." I am a hugger. So was he. One day I was out at the Orlando Nam Knights Club house eating a chicken wing and he tried to hug me. I said "get away from my chicken" and we laughed so hard he turned red. Every time after that, he made sure I didn't have anything in my hands other than my camera.

Listen to the video and people talking about his life.

If yesterday was any indication, Frenchie will never really die for any of us. The Nam Knights Green Swamp Chapter reminded us how much of an impact he had on many lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.