Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Plugged in again refreshed and renewed

Thursday morning I got on a plane to Texas and then another plane to Las Vegas. It was to be for a happy occasion unlike most times I have flown away from home. My niece was getting married!
I haven't seen her in a few years, or the rest of my family, since we moved down to Florida.
(I'll have more pictures later on Facebook and Google+)
Lake Mead View from Wedding
Red Rock Canyon Marsha and Shawn 
It was an amazing trip, which I will write about later, however for now, I wanted to talk about being away from everything.

I never understood how so many people could be so connected to the world online, yet not know what was going on in their own families.

Sure it's easy to understand getting away from watching the news on TV, since most of the people I talked to don't trust it to be actual news anymore. After 5 days of no news, no computer or blogging getting in the way, I disconnected from technology and reconnected to my family.

I saw parts of the country I had never seen before. The trips I had made in the past put me as far west as Texas, but seeing the country from a plane or from a tiny area around where I had to be was not the same as being there. Catching up with family online was not the same as being there either.

When we talk face to face, spend time together, that is healing as well as fulfilling.

I highly recommend it!

Here are some suggestions on refueling your spirit.

Unplug! Get away from the internet and away from the TV.

See parts of the country you had never seen before or revisit places you have.

There are parts of your life needing you to remember that your daily view is not enough to feed your soul.

Stop texting so much and start talking more.

Take time to enjoy spending time with the people you care about and not just time "on them" with catching up on Facebook.

The world will still go on, news will still come out but you will have a whole new attitude when you step away long enough to look, see, hear, feel and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.