Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pensacola News Journal Reporter Blames Veterans for rise in VA claims?

You'd think by now it would be clear that most of the Vietnam veterans finally getting compensated for what military service cost them was a good thing, but then again, along comes another one more attempt to blame veterans for the rise in claims because they are greedy. This is from the Pensacola News Journal article by Tom Phipott titled "Report explains rise in VA claims" but clearly should have included a disclaimer, "interpreted by."
"A greater factor has been liberalized laws and policies on "service connected" ailments, particularly decisions to compensate Vietnam War veterans for medical conditions of aging and lifestyle because of an "association" with possible exposure to herbicides used in that war."
Phipott then added this insult.
"Another factor of growth in VA claims has been a weak labor market, CBO says, which encourages out-of-work or underemployed veterans to apply for disability compensation. Current law allows them to do so at any age and as often as they like.Indeed, laws enacted in 2000 and 2008 required VA to strengthen the help given to veterans to apply for disability benefits and substantiate claims. VA also increased outreach to veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder and eased PTSD diagnostic requirements."

The best way to actually address these claims is by keeping it simple. Most veterans do not file claims. 21,973,000 project veteran population but less than 4 million receive VA Compensation

The other ugly truth is that the rest of us have never managed to take care of those we send to fight our battles equal to their pre-paid debit card they carry with the VA logo.

2 comments:

  1. I live near the pensacola state line I have been diagnosed with PTSD and I need help , I worked overseas from 2006- 2011 heavy outside driver except in 2011 was blows up 2007 and many other close range as well watched a man die and need to many funerals and my friends the Ossetia thing to family I had die , I have had since I came back to the states 3 eperdural s 2 major lumbar back surgerys I have seen a phycoligst and I'm dealing g with a lot I need help I have not worked in all most 3 yrs I would rather not say any more public ease contact me at kenneth.bailey01@yahoo.com thankyou and please respond I'm lost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kenneth,
    I emailed you very early this morning. Check your spam folder if you don't see it from woundedtimes@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete

If it is not helpful, do not be hurtful. Spam removed so do not try putting up free ad.